Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > USER FORUM IS NO PLACE TO GET HELP FROM ...
USER FORUM IS NO PLACE TO GET HELP FROM AUTEL TECH SUPPORT!!!

2278 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-19 14:55:08

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-03-16 16:24:35
     Again Folk, There is no F@cking  Autel Tech Support on this user forum any longer for even the easiest questions. Basic questions might be answered by phone or e-mail. Any sort of technical support at all will requires you  provide your full serial number and register password and  still be within your 1 year warranty or update period. Please document all communication attempts with Autel and allow at least two weeks for support to get in contact with you and get some sort of resolution process in the works before posting your technical questions that no one in H@ll can resolve for you except tech support. Please document and allow 2 weeks before venting on the user forum about your problems without exhausting the recommended avenues to get technical support. Thanks again  , from a discouraged DS708 owner that is too afraid , after reading all this BS folk are going through to consider  a Maxi Sys .   

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2017-03-16 21:54:23 (Reply to:witsend)

I own a 905. I have had it for 3 years now.  Glad I stopped updating before the tool took the dark path. I still love my tool and can live with nothing over 2015 Wifi turned off for years now and never had a system problem. Able to use previous versions at the same time. Functions that work. So glad I didn't do the major system update. This forum has become nothing but full of complaints and problems. As a career tech I need tools that get better as you go. The early maxisys system is better. There are no post from autel. There is no help here from autel. Most issues are software related. Good luck and good bye autel

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2017-03-19 14:55:08 (Reply to:hondaman219)
      Yeah, The removal of  the GM programming and then the replacement of the factory logos was a Ouch, but  I think that System Optimization update was a big red flag turn off to me with no provided cut and dry instruction on  how create or even purchase a software backup of older system or scan folder software as well as the option for internet challenged folk to buy the update and get restore software in their language on a ready to go SD card or USB stick. Just have to assume that older software versions offered more OE functionality that Autel can no longer  just copy and provide for users legally without incurring heavy  licensing expenses. The Engineers are hard at work triing to create convoluted work around that seem to be hit or miss. Before support disappeared from this forum , the solution more often then not was to delete and re download the software all over again from a busy hit or miss server.
      It's a shame that the trust factor is so low that 30 days before your free update period is over, you don't want to risk  downloading a bad update for anything,  especially doing a system update , because you might be SOL to get tech support to acknowledge and repair the issue within 30 days before your sub is expired. It's bad enough turning off the WIFI to DS708 after update period is up to prevent software mysteriously getting corrupted, but turning off the WIFI Internet access to a Maxi SYS is a real loss of convenience, but seems to be a necessity to play it safe if you want to continue using with the older software that is probably illegal to use any longer, and if your tool connects to  the server and something happens under the radar after you are expired , next day, or next month  it might not want boot right or you won't have authorization to access the scan file.
  Total1 Pages